No Genre: Big Bang, Artists Collaboration Wish List!
Another one of my No Genre, Just Music post!
This is written based on my previous post of Big Bang’s What’s Up?! Interview in Pati Pati, Japanese Magazine: Question on “The Artist that they want to collaborate with”
So, here are some bits and pieces of information in case ur interested to know about the artist mentioned by each members.
First, TaeYang: Ryan Leslie and The Dream
* will have a different taste and style should he/YG decide to have one. great music in the making.
Ryan Leslie aka Anthony Ryan Leslie
- American Producer, Singer-Songwriter, Musical Arranger, Rapper
- Genre: R&B, Hip Hop
- Official website: http://www.ryanleslie.com/
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZHw9T_8NXg
The Dream aka Terius Youngdell Nash
- American Singer-songwriter, Record producer, Entrepreneur, Music executive
- Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, Pop Rap
- Co-produced/wrote songs from Rihanna’s Umbrella, Jesse McCartney’s Leavin, Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body to name a few along with his partner, Tricky Stewart.
- Official Website: http://the-dreammusic.com/
- Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thedreamteam
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfE_tVD2S5I
Verdict: After listening to both artists, you’ll definitely be getting the TaeYang chills and imagining all of them dancing, shirtless, simply mind-blowing!
TOP: Damien Rice, Sam Sparro and Kris Van Assche (fashion designer)
* Yeah, when i read the comments, i was abit twisted as well when TOP mentioned Damien Rice. Firstly, Damien Rice isnt a rapper and secondly his genre is mostly folk -indie rock kinda thing. With that, you do the math!
- Irish Rock Singer who was the front man of an indie rock band called Juniper but left the band to pursue a solo career somewhere in between 1998/1999.
- Later became a mainstream artist after the success of the first released album “O” in 2002
- Genre: Folk, Indie Rock , Folk Rock
- Official website: http://www.damienrice.com/
- Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/damienrice
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqOSCgc8xc (with Lisa Hannigan and the song was also featured in Grey’s Anatomy series)
Sam Sparro aka Sam Falson
- An Australian born of Portuguese descent is a Grammy nominated singer-songwriter.
- Officially debuted in the music scene in March 2008 with his single “Black and Gold” and subsequently his self-titled album released on the following month.
- The second album is due to release in August this year.
- Genre: House, R&B, Electropop
- Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/samsparro
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjmsNQ2NPw
Kris Van Assche
- A Belgian Fashion Designer who heads his own label, KRIS VAN ASSCH.
- Graduated from Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Belgium.
- Working Experience: Hedi Slimane at Yves Saint Laurent.
- A Creative Director of Dior Homme since 2007
- Official website: http://www.krisvanassche.com/index.html
Verdict: This is interesting coz each music portrays a different side of the story. Damien with his less cognitive music interpretation and Sam for having the Goldfrapp feel to it. And adding TOP gives us the whole new meaning to the equation. As for Kris, i would love to see Top model for Kris’s label. He’ll definitely rock the fashion world.
*well, its hard to find the “americanized trot” for his taste but to pick J.Holiday as his future collabo is simply music to my ears.
J.Holiday aka Nahum Grymes
- An American Singer-Songwriter.
- Genre: R&B, Hip Hop
- Official website: http://www.jholiday.com/
- Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jholiday
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPnwHnBFjg4
Verdict: i love J.Holiday and i love DaeSung. They have got to do this. Or even considering doing it, its good enough for me.lol
* i have been expecting him to mention other artists but saying Justice, i’ll keep my mouth shut then. I like how GD does his homework. Just so you know there are 2 artists with the same name: Justice from German and Justice from France. For this, it’s the amazing duo from France.
- A French electronic music duo consisting of Gaspard Augé and Xavier de Rosnay.
- Known for incorporating a strong rock influence into their music and image.
- Genre: Eletro House, Dance House, Dance Punk
- Music style : a bit of heavy metal influence with a combination of a cut-up bass lines with a compressed and distorted synth sound.
- Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/etjusticepourtous
- M/V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbN5B93mpFE
Verdict: nothing much i can say about Justice. Thats for you to decide and to come out with your own explanation. Another genre i would just love to see in the making. Just to clear the air, i love Justice. Why i didnt say much about them coz i prefer to keep my thoughts to myself. Some might say i’m bias coz i love music and my definition of liking music is somewhat different from others. But i was damn impressed as hell he did his homework.
Lastly, Seungri: Timbaland
A man who doesnt need any introduction in the music industry. You know him and i know him. His reputation precedes him. Thats all i can say.
Verdict: So Timothy Zachery Mosley, make Seungri a tune that he can dance to coz the man sure loves to dance!!