Melly’s Twitter News # 3
hello friends~ it’s another edition of my twitter news.
sometimes i unleash the fangirl in me on my twitter that i do not post here cuz i don’t think it’s appropriate nor professional rofl.
but i think you guys deserve to see some of these (insert adjective here) pictures cuz it shows our one & only GD.
1) 091007 GD performs for 조성아 Luna Party @ 역삼동 CLUB EDEN
AWESOME, right? great view, so close to the man…. oh you haven’t seen the rest of it.
i’ll show you under the cut. :]
2) GD SHEDS HIS BLONDE HAIR?
on the contrary. he seems to be maintaining his blonde-do, trimming his hair & redying his roots. well now you know 😀
– how do i know? well, my observant eyes don’t lie.
3) DAESUNG WILL BE AT THE DREAM CONCERT
yes, that’s right, today is the actual Dream Concert, & Daesung’s set to go on stage to perform with BIG BANG again. this is sweet news, considering 2 months ago he got into a crazy traffic accident.
i think the line up is 4 songs… Fool’s Only Tears, Lie, Heartbreaker, & Last Farewell.
can’t wait to see this!
LASTLY, before i show you the pix that got me amp’d, here is an issue that is bugging the crap out of me. so i’m doing a favor to my boys & posting up an announcement so we can end this heated discussion.
more under the cut ———————–>
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT “SMOKING”
i know many of you are new fans of BIGBANG (also noting the fact that many of you are fairly young) & will find pictures of GD or TOP with a cig in their mouths to be “shocking” or even to the extreme: “gross!” but take it from “veterans” i guess, who’ve followed them from the beginning, or even way back to trainee days… you should know better than to judge a person only by their actions.
let’s have a sit down & chat about this. a lil FAQ/Q&A on how to refute all this negativity.
1: SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU!
i think it’s safe to say that i’m old enough to know what is right & what is wrong; that i’m old enough to know what’s good for me & what’s bad for me.
– the same would go for G-DRAGON & T.O.P. as they are older than me.
– i know vegetables are good for me, but that doesn’t make me like them any more than i do (which i don’t. veggies aren’t my thing).
– i don’t deny that smoking is bad for me. i’m not the healthiest of people, but i know when enough is enough. yes, smoking is bad for you! it says so on the package before you open it up! there’s warning labels everywhere! but are you gonna tell your dad or mom or anyone else to stop? good luck, it’s gonna be hard to make a chain smoker quit.
– i’m not a chain smoker. & i sincerely believe that GD or TOP aren’t either. they are the occasional smokers. we smoke when we’re stressed out or chilling with friends. it’s not a big deal.
no excuses: people who smoke know the consequences of smoking. everyone’s had some form of lecture about smoking, so this retort cannot be used anymore.
2: WHAT?! G-DRAGON & TOP SMOKE?!
well if you haven’t figured that out already, then you are the exact fans i’m talking about. i only bring this up b/c i come across people who are utterly shocked & disgusted by this fact.
– i’m betting 90% of you have never been to Korea. count me in as one of them! but i can tell you that at least 2/3 of Korea smoke. you walk around & you’ll be able to find people taking “breaks.” (oh this is what the quotes mean…). it’s very commonplace.
– it’s culturally tied to them… sadly. i’m from LA. & K-TOWN is right next door. there’s cigarette buds everywhere. my former roommate (who is korean) smokes… a lot. a bunch of korean guys that go to UCLA smoke. etc., etc. no, this isn’t racist or prejudicial. just simply observable truths. i hope i don’t get heat from saying all this, but in no way am i putting down anyone. i got love for everyone.
– don’t forget the “crew” GTOP’s part of (NUTHANG?). what do you think they do on their spare time when they’re chilling?
yes, they smoke. don’t find it ironic that they do “no smoking” chimes for SBS b/c that doesn’t reflect them. they’re upholding their duties as a public role model to tell the rest of the world they shouldn’t smoke.
you only figured out that they smoke b/c obnoxious fans went searching for pictures of them w/ cigs in their hands. there’s also pictures of them chewing on rolled-up paper or lollipop sticks that make you believe what you want to believe. that just blows everything to unnecessary proportions.
it’s not like they openly pull out a pack & lit one right in front of the camera for the world to see. who is stupid enough to do that? not me, nor them.
3: EWW, GROSS! I CAN’T SEE THEM THE SAME WAY ANYMORE.
there’s an old post we have that addresses this issue & is also the reason why i had to write this. i’m not going to link it b/c it doesn’t need to be. i’m telling you now. you don’t have to read the comments (some of them rude, some of them ignorant, yadayada. or the worst: “i lost respect for them”).
these kinda statements make me mad. you’re entitled to your opinion, but i need to point out the obvious.
your opinion of G-DRAGON or TOP is/has changed because of the simple fact that they touched a cigarette or have “smoker’s breath.”
– one thing’s for sure, no one notices the smell more than the person smoking. we make sure to rid of the smell as much as possible before interacting with people who don’t like the smell.
you’re willing to make negative comments about a person just because of one aspect of their life?
– they’re people too. it doesn’t automatically make me a bad person because i smoke. it doesn’t make me a changed person because i have a tattoo. let’s imagine you never knew your friend had a tatt. your perspective of them doesn’t change b/c you never knew! the tatt’s already on his/her body but you don’t see it. so how is your sudden change of character judgment justifiable?
same for smoking.
4: SO WHAT IF THEY SMOKE!?
ok. they smoke/have smoked. has the world ended? no.
you just make it so.
if you still think that G-DRAGON & TOP are “bad people” now b/c you learned something new today, then that’s fine. find another guy to like. more room for the people who still got love for them (like me! :P)
they are who they are. if they smoke, then let it be. they’re still awesome people even if you knew it beforehand or not.
i mean, think about it: before you learned this, weren’t you going crazy every time you saw pictures of them?
exactly my point. (they still be sexy no matter what… maybe even sexier? =x)
smoking doesn’t change one’s character. it’s how you go about life that determines your character.
it’s what you make of your life. surely, GD & TOP have a lot going for them, & they put in the greatest effort not to show that they smoke/used to smoke. i don’t love them any less b/c of this fact (just only when they get close to other girls -_-). & we shouldn’t! it shouldn’t matter. we loved them before we knew, we’ll love em now that we do know.
the best (& nicest, respectful, supportive, etc.) thing you could do/say is to hope & ask that they stop or try to find other outlets to boredom/stress besides smoking (yes, please tell me the same lol)
so the cards are all out; how are you gonna react now?
you can follow me on twitter here to read all my angst over the pictures you’re about to see, or to try & give me crap about writing what i just did b/c i “offended” you in some way. emphasis on “try.” or just to say hi & tell me “i gotcho back” ^^ (but i don’t mean it to be offensive, honest!)
but i do apologize right now if you got lost somewhere in between cuz i wrote this straight out w/o looking back.
ok, that’s enough of the serious talk. now onto pictures! :]
AND IF IT REALLY MADE YOU WONDER:
– no, daesung/youngbae/seungri do not smoke. that’s just a lil hard to imagine, don’t you think? please, no “what if’s.” thanks.
don’t get mad like i did
^ unbelievably close. touchable.
^ okay baby, too close. 1 step back. (note the auntie up front w/ the bag)
^ the auntie just got happy/excited. who wouldn’t? it’s freakin g-dragon.
^ i really like this picture for some reason :]
^ plain white tee & a jeans. freakin HOT! (nothing but a lil bump =[) <— lol insider.
^ quote my twitter: “OH HELLLZZZZ NOOOOOOO. that girl did not just put her hands on my man.”
^ someone up front better have caught this minute pose on camera. perfect.
^ he’s dancing to “breathe.” -____- you punk. hate you.
SOURCES: 지디갤, Daum 텔레비전