Information about YG Entertainment Audition
I posted the information about YG Audition for those who are interested to send in their demo and to be apart of the family. I know most of you out there has the potential and talent to be train as an artist, therefore i think you should go for it. As long as you have passion, persistence and sincerity in what you are doing, anything is possible. Harrison Rules! Fate. Destiny. Love .One!
Quote: “Music is oxygen. If you don’t have oxygen you can’t breathe. To me music is something that’s always there, wherever I go it’s a part of me, without it I can’t live. It breathes with me.” ~Kwon Ji Yong
PS: This is not an announcement. Strictly Information Only!!
Answers to your questions:
1. No Deadline–> therefore you can send in your demo tape at anytime you like
2. If you got the TALENT, YG Personnel will contact you for further instructions! And you dont have to be a Korean to go for an audition. As long as you have the talent, thats all that matters regardless where UR FROM!
3. For SM and JYP–> you can google it and all the information regarding the audition are stated in the website respectively and they have English translation [ am sorry i cant post the info here]
4. Note–> u don’t have to fly all the way to Seoul just to go for the audition. Do things step by step. Send in your demo with the application form and we just wait and see how it goes from there on. And if you’re wondering if they can converse in English, the answer is YES. I understand that some of YG Representatives can speak English very fluently. So you don’t have to worry on that part.
Sangsu-dong 349-10 Hoseong Building 4F
South Korea, ZIP 121-829
1. when is the YG online audition?
-we currently have no plans for an online audition. we accept mail auditions and for those whose mailed audition qualifies, that person will go through the online audition. for korean online auditions, for the auditioners, the time & date are given
2. is there an age limit to audition? do you guys have a preference of gender?
-we have no age limit . those with potential and talent are considered and we do not discriminate against neither males nor females
3. can only those with good singing voices audition?
-YG considers everyone with a talent, whether it be rapping, singing, etc. your singing probably hasn’t been evaluated, but don’t be afraid, and audition thinking that your talents are going to be evaluated. also, for those who have unrefined talents, we can adapt, so don’t worry and audition.
4. what kind of song do we have to sing?what kind of genre do we have to sing to qualify? do we have to sing a YG song or hiphop or R&B?
-there are no specific genres to qualify. hiphop/r&b/dance/ballad/rock..just send in what you are most comfortable in. also, you can sing songs other than YG’s songs. whatever the song may be, please choose what you are most confident in. and liven the emotions when singing. we prefer singers with emotion rather than a good voice
5. what kind of pictures do you need?
-when uploading your pictures, pictures taken by “camcamera”[t/n: i dont know what that is], cellphones, photoshop, or anything image-altered is not acceptable. you don’t need to go to a studio to take it, we just need a picture where your face is clearly shown.
6.?how do we make a demo file? is it okay to record something at the noraebang/karaoke? what do we do when we no instrumentals?.
– there are several ways to make a demo tape
1. recording at a studio
2. using your computer to record
3. recording at a noraebang/karaoke
4. using an MP3 with a recording feature, and etc
you dont necessarily need to spend a lot of money to record at a studio. if it is too difficult to get an instrumental, it is alright to sing a capella. however, if you end up recording over an instrumental, please make sure your voice is clear
7.do we have to be good dancers? i really can’t dance(momchee). if we dance badly, does that count against me? i’m an average singer but i dance well. is that an advantange?
-at the YG audition, you don’t necessarily need to be a good dancer. even if you cannot dance one bit, it will not be counted against you. however, if you are a good singer, you will be held in a higher favor. nonetheless, the voice comes before the dance, so the advantage won’t be a big one
8. can we audition as a team with friends?
-it is alright to audition as a team with friends. however, you have to make sure to send in separate applications.
9. is the online audition only at seoul?if we qualify through the mail audition, do we have to go to korea to audition in person?
what about those who live far from there?
-YG entertainment is stationed in seoul, the online audition [t/n: i think that means an audition in person..literally translated, it means “online audition”] is going to take place in seoul only. for online auditions outside of seoul, the specifics are going to be sent to you after.
10. what happens if we pass the online audition? after making the audition, do we have to pay fees for the training?after making the audition, how long do we usually train?after making the audition, do we have to come live with the entertainment?
-for the people who pass the online audition, they will officially become trainees and begin training. at that time, the trainees don’t need to prepare anything, like a training fee or an entrance fee [t/n: like a down-payment..kinda thing]. all fees are to be paid by the entertainment.
there is no set length a person has to train. depending on that person’s talents, training can be either long or short. also, not everyone has to come live at the entertainment. those who need to come live at the entertainment (and maybe their parent or guardian) will be decided.
Credit to: ygaudition.co.kr
Eng. Trans credit to loveablekrnstar
FAQs from soompiers
1.Can I send demo by email or do I have to send it by mail?
– I recommend you NOT send your demo by email. You can but it’s not a good idea. As for now, they don’t have online audition or email anymore so the only way is MAILING DEMO.
2. Can I just send in an audio or just video? Do I have to dance? Can I just sing?
– You can send either audio OR video file but BOTH RECOMMENDED. I do not have to dance. You can either sing or dance or do both. It’s up to you.
3. Would they care if I’m not Korean? Do you have to know how to speak Korean?
– YG doesn’t care if you’re Korean or not. You don’t have to be fluent in Korean but at least be fluent enough to not pronounce a word wrong in your songs. Try to take some lessons before auditioning. They would wanna hear you speak a lil bit of Korean.
4. Do I have to sing a Korean song?
– You don’t have to if you’re Korean. Korean and English songs are top choices. If you’re not Korean, I highly recommend you chose one Korean song to include in your demo.
5. Can I send in a tape or does it have to be CD/DVD?
– It can be whatever, as long as they can hear you clearly.
Credits: ygaudition.co.kr / jsm@soompi / lovablekrnstar for translating.